|THE ASPEN SCHOOL DISTRICT WEB SITE HAS MOVED!! If you are reading this message the migration to our new site is still in progress; please go to asd.schoolwires.net to access current district/school information as this site you have accessed is no longer being maintained.|
ASPEN MIDDLE SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
The Aspen Middle School community shares a commitment to creating a
developmentally responsive environment that nourishes
the young adolescent’s mind, body, and spirit.
Goals and Objectives:
- To challenge each student in every course.
- To elicit academic achievement commensurate with each student's ability.
- To maintain an unwavering commitment to the mastery of educational fundamentals (content) and the development of critical-thinking skills (process).
- To enhance each student's social and emotional development and to foster positive relationships among peers.
- To recognize that our 'stakeholders' are the students, parents, and the community; and to be responsive and accountable to their concerns.
- To strive to reflect the diverse needs and values of the Aspen Community.
- To meet or exceed District and State curriculum, content, and performance standards.
- To monitor our many programs and evaluate them regularly.
- To implement a code of conduct that will insure safety, civility, and an optimum learning environment.